PA Contractors

Questions About Pa Home Improvement Law?

Who must register under the law?
Anyone who owns or operates a home improvement business or who offers, performs, or agrees to perform home improvements in Pennsylvania must register with the Office of Attorney General unless they fall within two exceptions: small contractors (less than $5,000 of work in a calendar year) and large retailers (net worth or more than $50 million).  All contractors, including self-employed contractors and sole proprietorships, subcontractors and independent contractors, and corporations, partnerships and all other types of business entities must be registered, unless they fall into the two exemptions above

How do I register?
Contractors can register by clicking here for the online registration.  Contractors may also submit a completed application form and mail it to: Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General
Bureau of Consumer protection
15th Floor, Strawberry Square
Harrisburg, PA 17120
ATTN : Home Improvement Contractor Registration

PDF Forms are available by clicking here or by calling 1-717-772-2425.  A non-refundable fee of $50.00 must accompany each application


Home | Liability Insurance | Liability Quote | Sample Premiums | PA Registration | Property Coverage | Contact Us | About Us

Griffin Insurance Group, Inc.  • 209 S. Main Street • Zelienople PA • 16063 • Website Design by Thinkdolphin Web Design